Friday, July 22, 2011

Do Everything...

Steven Curtis Chapman has a new song out, Do Everything, in which the chorus says: Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you, Cause He made you to do, Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face, And tell the story of grace, With every move that you make, And every little thing you do. I like the song and have heard it quite frequently on the radio lately, then this morning we had that passage of scripture for our devotional time, and it was in the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan, which I was reading this afternoon. 1 Corinthians 10:31, 11:1: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God…Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” It struck me that maybe I should be paying more attention to this, that I need to pattern my life around it, not that I wasn’t trying to already, but it was just something that I thought about every once in a while. Perhaps it should be more of a purposeful thing. It says do all,” not just certain things, not sometimes, but “whatever you do, do it all.” How about you? Are you doing everything for the glory of God? Your thoughts, words, actions, are they reflecting the one who made you? I know I have trouble with it sometimes, but I’m working on it; I hope you are too.
Our parent’s weekend was fun and interesting. I showed my family around the Dells area on Tuesday, did a couple of sight-seeing and shopping things and then went swimming at Devil’s Lake. I’m not sure why they call it that, because the water is so clear and cool and the nature around it is spectacular; it just shouts the glory of God. That night there was a meal and program for all the parents, students, and employers. On Wednesday, we took a Lower Dells boat tour, which I had been wanting to do all summer. I still have the Upper Dells boat tour to go on yet, We toured where I work and then went to a water park. Overall, I think everyone had an enjoyable time, not just my family either.
Soon people will start leaving; the staff has training, some students have college camps or training programs for different activities or their majors. Please pray that they will have safe travels, that their last days here will be full of fun and laughter and great memories. Also keep praying for the international students that we’ve met, that those who are Christians would stay strong in their faith and those who aren’t, that we would find a way to reach them yet, that God would open their hearts more to the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment