Monday, May 16, 2011

Thursday, March 31, 2001

Dear Friends,

Several months ago when I heard about a summer training program opportunity in the Wisconsin Dells, I really did not think much of it. I thought that I would be staffing at a Christian camp near my home that I had counseled at the past couple of summers and did not really want to change my plans. The program kept coming up in my mind and in other areas of my life, and as I thought and prayed about my summer more, I concluded that God wanted me to stretch my boundaries more and at least apply for the program, so I did. One of the main reasons why I chose to apply was that I knew the program would help me grow in my faith, just like staffing at camp, but also strengthen my trust in God to provide for my needs. It would also provide me with opportunities to share my faith and walk with God with others, as well as put me in situations where I needed to rely on God for wisdom and strength.

Well, God has graciously provided me a unique opportunity to join several other students from across the Upper Midwest for a spiritual development program facilitated by The Navigators, an interdenominational Christian organization (www.navigators.org). It is called The Dells STP! This Summer Training Program (STP) will be located in the Wisconsin Dells, WI. It is a unique and exciting opportunity for me to intentionally focus on training and growth in Christ.

Much of my growth will happen in a “team” context, where 3-4 students will be together with a student team leader. We will live together, work together, study the Bible together, minister together, etc. We will also have the opportunity to live and work alongside people in the community of the Wisconsin Dells. All summer I will be rubbing shoulders with those who don’t know Christ in central Wisconsin and seeking to learn how to impact them for Christ. Did you know that 4,000+ international students from around the globe come to work at the Wisconsin Dells, WI each summer?! This will give me a unique & exciting opportunity to have a “missions experience” in the context of this training program, and to touch the nations! I believe this experience will prove invaluable to me as I return for my junior year at South Dakota State University. I hope to be better equipped in the fall semester to reflect the light of Christ to my fellow students.

The reason I am sharing this opportunity with you is that I would love for you to consider partnering with me in prayer and finances. This money will help to pay for my training program fee, and my room and board.

I am asking God to surround me with a team of people who will each pray for me and financially contribute anywhere from $25 to $500. My need for this Navigator Summer Training Program is $2,400. If 50 people each partnered with me for $50, that would be more than enough to meet my financial need for the summer! Will you pray about partnering with me for my growth in Christ this summer for $50? I would be deeply grateful. Even if you do not partner financially with me, please pray for me and the other students and staff that we will grow in faith and wisdom, but more importantly for the people we will come in contact with that they will be open to the Word of God. Thank you for considering this. I look forward to hearing from you.

Serving Christ with you,
Tiffany Davis


 
P.S. If you would like a commitment card and response envelope, let me know. If the Lord leads you to give, please respond by April 30th, and make all checks payable to “The Navigators”. You can also give online at http://www.navigators.org/us/support (search for “davis”) All gifts are tax deductible. Thank you. Please note: Contributions are solicited with the understanding that the donee organization has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.

No comments:

Post a Comment