To an extent, this is what I'll be doing this summer, through interacting with international students and local people in the Dells. As the date gets closer, I find that I am becoming increasingly more nervous about it (being away from family and home), yet excited (seeing new scenery and experiencing something different). One thing that comes to mind with the nervousness is a plaque that my dad made when he was in high school. It's hanging on the wall in our kitchen and says, "Faith is walking to the edge of all the light you have and taking one more step." Right now, I have the faith to walk where it's light, where I'm comfortable, but I haven't taken that last step into the shadows or darkness, where God can use my light. I need to continually trust and rely on Him to bring me safely through everything that I encounter, whether it's something I'm comfortable with or not.
An update on Dells: Recently we received our housing arrangements and team assignments. I have been in contact with my teammates and they seem like wonderful, energetic ladies of God. Please continue to pray for the students who haven't reached their fund-raising goal yet, and for everyone that we will encounter on our trip. Please ask the Holy Spirit to move in the international students that we will be working with, that He will prepare their hearts and minds to be open, questioning, and receptive to the gospel.
Thank you so much for your support and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment